36th annual Pumpkin Festival and Costume Competition is
OCTOBER 31, 2020
The Healdsburg Farmers’ Market’s annual Pumpkin Festival combines carving skills, pumpkin decoration, and racing abilities, as well as a costume contest to win market bucks, and great prizes donated by local businesses. Contest registration begin at 8:30am, with judging beginning at 9:45. and continue throughout the morning. Races begin at 10am.
COMPETITIONS: REGISTER between 8:30-9:30am on market morning
ALL COMPETITIONS ARE DIVIDED INTO 3 AGE CATEGORIES:
7 AND UNDER ~ 8-15 ~ 16-ADULT
PUMPKIN CARVING: Pumpkin carving in all age categories is one fun event to compete in. Kids and adults are invited to carve market-provided pumpkins, or bring a pre-carved pumpkin for judging.
DECORATE/RACE: Maybe you’d prefer to decorate your pumpkin, put wheels on it and race it down the market track? Please decorate your pumpkin at home and insert wheels in it, before bringing it to market.
COSTUME COMPETITION! Extra brownie points for market-related attire. COSTUMES MUST BE HOMEMADE: NOT FROM A KIT, OR COSTUME STORE.
Prizes include gift certificates or merchandise from local businesses and market bucks!
8:30- 9:00: Costume Contest Registration
8:30 – 9:30 Registration of Decorated/Racing Pumpkins
8:30-10:15 Pumpkin Selection and Carving
11:00: Carved Pumpkin Winners Announced
9am: Costume Contest line-up and judging
9:30: Costume Winners Announced
9:45 Creative Pumpkin Car Winners Announced
10:00 Races Begin
RACING RULES & REGULATIONS
• Enter Racing Pumpkins between 8:30 and 9:30 on the day of the contest.
• Age Categories: 7 and under ~ 8-15 ~ 16-adult
• Race cars must be made of real pumpkins.
• The pumpkin should be the vehicle, not a roller skate or toy truck.
• Wheels and axles must be inserted in the pumpkin to be judged, and must be able to roll down the track to be eligible for prizes.
• Wheels can be made of wood, metal, vegetable, or plastic.
• The width of one track is 11 inches, so the width of the car must be less than 11 inches.